All our favourite restaurants have been having a rough go of it during lockdown, but it’s still possible to support them in new and interesting ways!
Baduzzi, one of our favourite haunts in the before-times has pivoted to providing delicious picnic boxes for families and friends. It’s put together in such a way that you can take it anywhere to enjoy in some fresh air out of your stuffy homes for a change. Remember to socially distance from others that have had the same idea and to keep an eye on places of interest, even parks are making it onto the list now.
Baduzzi also lets us know that they have “also created a delicious brand new a la carte menu for your family dinners at home which doesn’t require any additional cooking.” Hear that? No more pasta or Maccas, we’re back to the good stuff.
They are open from Tuesday to Sunday from 12pm to 8pm for contactless pick up at Baduzzi with limited deliveries. Your best bet is to do contactless pickup!
Here’s what’s in the Picnic Box (Serves 2)
- Homemade focaccia (V) (DF)
- Marinated Sicilian olives (GF) (V)
- Baduzzi pickles (V) (DF) (GF)
- Wood fired eggplant caviar (V) (GF)
- Fish pate (GF)
- Rocket, parmesan, pistachio & Granny Smith salad (GF) (V)
- Polenta fries w Cipriani mayo (V)
- Slow braised beef meatballs and Napoletana sauce, parmesan & rocket pesto w flatbread
- Vegetarian polpette w béchamel, truffle pecorino, fresh herbs & flatbread (V)
- Yogurt pannacotta w berry coulis & pecan (GF)
If you’re hosting a third person, they recommend ordering a second box just to make sure there’s enough to go around with plenty of options. Pricing for this feast is $85.
You can order online here. Bon appetit.