It was a dark and stormy night; the rain fell in torrents—except at occasional intervals, when it was checked by a violent gust of wind which swept up the streets (for it is in London that our scene lies), rattling along the housetops, and fiercely agitating the scanty flame of the lamps that struggled against the darkness…
Phew! This writing novels of perfervid turgidity is thirsty work! I feel like a cocktail featuring a torrent of Mount Gay Rum, a violent gust of ginger beer and perhaps a scanty dash of bitters. Actually, I know just the thing that will suffice:
45ml Mount Gay XO
Fentimans Ginger Beer
2 lime wedges
2 dashes Fee Brothers Old Fashioned Bitters
Pour rum into a tall glass, fill with ice, add bitters, squeeze limes and top with ginger beer.
Buy Mount Gay Rum now from Glengarry.
You’ll also like:
- Give Your Rum The Healing Properties Of This Manuka Old Fashioned
- How To Make Hemingway’s Favourite Daiquiri Cocktail
- 4 Rums To Keep You Warm Through The Storms
- Sailing and Mount Gay – An Old Rum Tale
- A Rum Worth Waiting 317 Years For