At just 32, Tom Abercrombie is like a seasoned veteran of the world of basketball. After his success at Westlake Boys High School saw him selected as the NZ Academy of Sport High Performance Player two years running, he moved to the USA to Washington State University in 2006. Tom then moved back to New Zealand to play for the Breakers for the NBL 2008-09 season and has remained with the team throughout his professional career since 2008, together with many European clubs in the alternative season.
As well as being a Commonwealth Games bronze medallist, Tom’s highlights include 4 x NBL Champion, NBL Grand Final MVP 2011, 3 x NZNBL All-Star Five and NZNBL Rookie of the Year 2009. Tom shares his on and off the court journey and his goals for the future.
You’ll also like:
- Ep.37 – How To Create Valuable Products Here
- Ep.71 – Life Advice from The God of Thunder
- Ep.43 – Adventuring Into Greatness
- Ep.68 – Hollywood Lessons On Resilience
- Ep.10 – Biotech Engineering Medical Researcher Shares Her Lockdown Routine