During his 13 years as a crisis negotiator and instructor for the NZ Police, Lance Burdett experienced first-hand some of people’s darkest moments. He also had to learn to deal with his own internal struggles and out of this he developed tools to combat anxiety, depression and suicide which he has been sharing through his training, teaching and now his latest book, Dark Side of the Brain. And while Lance touches on some very personal grief alongside large scale social issues of epidemic proportions, this is a book about the hope and optimism that comes from a better understanding and relationship with your mind.
You’ll also like:
- Ep.29 – Keeping Your Brain Sharp In Any Situation
- Ep.5 – Looking at The Housing Market Now and in the Future
- Ep.17 – How To Concentrate On Our Mental And Physical Wellbeing In Times Like These
- Ep.12 – Scientist and Entrepreneur Talks Disruptive Technologies in Global Healthcare
- Ep.84 – The Power Of Community – Rob Dunne