Like many New Zealanders, Sarah Colcord’s work as a freelance event and project manager stalled during the lockdown. Rather than complaining though, she set to work to create opportunities for New Zealand businesses like hers in the form of a community. Within a few months that community turned into a Facebook group of over 540,000 people and an ecommerce marketplace that has generated over $300,000 in sales for New Zealanders within the three months. We talk to Sarah about the concept of servant leadership, supporting local supply chains and pivoting into a totally different business.
You’ll also like:
- Ep.67 How To Build Manufacturing Here
- Ep.83 – Creating Positive Disruption
- Ep.30 – Finding New Business Opportunities In Solving Environmental Problems
- Ep.48 – How To Create A Better Workplace
- Ep.52 – Building A Passion Out Of A Business