When talking about the opening of a new luxury boutique hotel in 2020, it is hard not to start off with what has now become the cliché of talking about the context of an unprecedented year. While there are of course challenges that come from the state of the international tourist market, there are also some positives that have come out of a deeper appreciation for local elements. It is interesting to note then with the launch of QT Auckland, just how much consideration for local inspiration used from the region for everything from their design aesthetic to food and drink. This is not a 2020 thing as such as it is part of an unformulaic formula that gives each QT hotel freedom to really draw from its location, but it seems that the world is catching up with this thinking.
QT Auckland general manager, Doron Whaite, talks with us about importance of this local autonomy, the importance of chaos and the power of collaboration.
You’ll also like:
- Ep.7 – Advice For Getting Through Multiple Downturns From Someone Who Has
- Ep.26 – Buy Global But Don’t Forget To Sell Global
- M2 Ep.66 – How To Look After $1.4 Billion And Your Community At The Same Time
- Ep.4 – Decision Making & Future Proofing Your Business
- Ep.20 – Lessons Of Resilience And How Saying “No” Is Part Of The Journey