Established in May 2005, M2 Magazine is New Zealand’s Only Men’s Lifestyle Magazine. From the latest Style & Grooming trends and tips to ground breaking technology, cars, personal success, business, adventure, drink, health, fitness, entertainment and humour. We do the hard work to bring you interviews, entertainment, reviews and more, covering the best in men’s lifestyle content, made in New Zealand for New Zealand men.
We curate the best content in one beautifully orchestrated package that inspires our readers looking to take themselves to the next level with the best knowledge and strategies. This website was created to take our curated content from the printed page to anywhere in the world our readers may be. Fully responsive, this simple, but elegant site celebrates our content in a clutter-free environment.
THE M2 JOURNEY…
Tim Lawrence first came up with the idea for M2 Magazine in December 2004. After building the first issue, he then took the storyboards of the first issue and sold all the advertisements. It was greeted with enthusiasm and “I don’t get it… Men don’t read” comments. But, there were more yays than nays, and in May 2005 the first issue was launched.
Greg Sinclair (Our Advertising Sales Director) started on 2 May 2005, the day after the first issue went on sale. A year later Andre Rowell joined as our Creative Director.
The first year was tough, we were pioneering a new category of magazine in New Zealand – men’s lifestyle, that wasn’t smut.
By year two, M2 Magazine took off!
In 2008, M2woman Magazine launched in October as a trial with M2 Magazine that month. The results were phenomenal and in Feb 2009 M2woman began life as a stand alone magazine.
Continuing our tradition of innovation, M2 was the first magazine on iPhone, iPad & Android in New Zealand.
In 2017 for the first time full issues of M2 Magazine were available online.
And in 2019 we launched the M2 Success Summit.
Thank you for your interest in our story, we look forward to welcoming you as a guest at one of our live experiences or as a subscriber to one of our print or digital magazines.
Interested in a print or digital subscription? Take a look at our subscriptions here.
Your privacy is important to us. It is M2 magazine’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect from you across our website, http://m2magazine.co.nz, and other sites we own and operate.
We only ask for personal information when we truly need it to provide a service to you. We collect it by fair and lawful means, with your knowledge and consent. We also let you know why we’re collecting it and how it will be used.
We only retain collected information for as long as necessary to provide you with your requested service. What data we store, we’ll protect within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
We don’t share any personally identifying information publicly or with third-parties, except when required to by law.
Our website may link to external sites that are not operated by us. Please be aware that we have no control over the content and practices of these sites, and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy policies.
You are free to refuse our request for your personal information, with the understanding that we may be unable to provide you with some of your desired services.
Your continued use of our website will be regarded as acceptance of our practices around privacy and personal information. If you have any questions about how we handle user data and personal information, feel free to contact us.
This policy is effective as of 31 May 2019.
Terms and Conditions
1. By entering any competition, the winner thereby agrees that M2 Magazine Ltd and/or the promoter may use their photo and name for publicity purposes; and their name may be published in the Magazine or it’s promoter’s website and e-mail. You also agree to be added to our regular newsletters. You may choose to opt out at any time. Any such use of information gathered will be subject at all times to the NZ Privacy Act 1993 and Australia Privacy Act 1988.
2. You must be a New Zealand resident and 18 years old or over to enter competitions specific to M2 Magazine Ltd
3. Where alcohol is the prize you must be 20 years and over and will be sent your prize either in voucher form or in a way deemed appropriate by the promoter. M2 Magazine Ltd and participating agencies always promote responsible drinking.
4. Immediate family, agencies and staff members of participating businesses/promoters and M2 Magazine Ltd are not eligible to enter.
5. The names of the winners will be published by M2 Magazine Ltd. Each winner will be advised by phone and/or email by M2 Magazine Ltd or the contest promoter/agency.
6. The Judges’ decision will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
7. The winners must be able to take the prize as is, when is, as stated or it is forfeited.
8. All expenses incurred with any part of any prize are the responsibility of the winners.
9. M2 Magazine Ltd, the Promoter and any participating businesses will not be held accountable by any winner for any expense, loss, damage or injury incurred whilst collecting any, or all of the prize package, whether direct or consequential, foreseeable, due to some negligent act or omission or otherwise. All prizes are accepted entirely at the risk of the winner.
10. Where applicable to a specified prize, a disclaimer must be signed and endorsed by any winner and their travel companion upon request by M2 Magazine Ltd.
11. If a specified prize becomes unavailable, M2 Magazine Ltd may substitute a replacement prize at its absolute discretion.
12. Winners are responsible for any and all taxes and travel insurance payable as a result of a travel prize being awarded or received. We strongly recommend travel insurance.
13. M2 Magazine Ltd and the Promoter may use information from entrants in a database to be used for the purpose of its business.
14. The winner and their companion must have a valid passport at the time of travel if applicable.
15. Prizes must be claimed within 2 weeks of being advised via phone, fax, post or email or else forfeited.
16. M2 Magazine Ltd and the Promoter will not be responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information concerning the competition or for any technical errors that may occur during the administration of the competition.
17. M2 Magazine Ltd and its participating businesses/promoters actively support and endorse responsible drinking and www.drinkresponsibly.co.nz. By entering the competition, the entrant hereby warrants that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete. M2 Magazine Ltd and / or the promoter reserve the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants. M2 Magazine Ltd and/or the promoters reserve the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of these terms and conditions.
18. Prizes are not transferable or redeemable for cash or refundable.
19. M2 Magazine Ltd and the Promoter reserve the right to change the terms and conditions of the competition at its discretion.