A little over a year ago, champion New Zealand downhill mountain biker, Brook MacDonald lay in agony, semi-paralysed and unable to feel his legs on a Quebec mountain for five hours, waiting for a helicopter to arrive. Brook had sustained a serious spinal injury when he crashed during his first practice run at the World Mountain Bike Championships.
In October of this year though, Brook was in Austria competing at the World Champs. We talk to him about the gruelling year of recovery in between these two moments, the power of resilience and what it is like not to have fear.
You’ll also like:
- Ep.68 – Hollywood Lessons On Resilience
- Ep.43 – Adventuring Into Greatness
- Ep.5 – Looking at The Housing Market Now and in the Future
- Ep.65 – The Hope for Hospitality
- Ep.20 – Lessons Of Resilience And How Saying “No” Is Part Of The Journey